What does a typical design engagement look like?
While the output of these programs is always unique, the process to get there is consistent. We’ll start by creating a program framework. This is a definition of the objectives and any desires, wants, or needs. We’ll discuss the guardrails, and explore other work for inspiration as well as to help provide guidance on budget expectations. We’ll work through initial timelines, and then get to work on the design pack.
A typical design pack contains a complete program overview, including;
- Any research, considerations, or appropriate findings
- Conceptual drawings, illustrations, or renderings
- Storyboards, character designs, or mood boards
- Engineering diagrams (CAD)
- Parts list
- Expected labor requirements
- Appropriate timelines
- Proposal for fulfillment by Bluewater & partners
A design pack provides everything needed to create alignment, secure financing, and generate excitement around a high impact program. From there we can continue through fulfillment, or work to handoff to a preferred vendor.